Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Chug, Chug, Chugging Along...

I notice, quite interestingly, that my one post about me going on a doctor prescribed diet had zero comments. Since everyone is soooo interested...I've lost eleven pounds so far and have not cheated once. I'm really doing well with my exercise too. My darling friend Tracy took me on a
4-plus mile walk last Friday at the Ridley Creek State Park. She's fit and energetic and refers to it as "our little walk"---I saw it more as a death march! Yowsa, was I sore! Seriously folks though, I'm so glad she kicked me in the but I do think she could have warned me and I could have at least "powdered up" for the ordeal. I have to admit that two hours of uninterrupted chat time in a scenic, shaded park while getting the fitness benefits was heavenly! Now my 1.4 mile walk around my block seems like not such a big deal and don't ever put it off or skip it. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to check in and see if I've lost anymore--wish me luck.

3 comments:

julia said...

You have stuck with the diet AND exercised... my guess is that you will have lost quite a bit more! Keep up the good work! =-)

Cottage Contessa said...

Yay! Good for you loosing weight and sticking to your diet. I bet you have lost a fair bit more this week having been so good. Love the pictures of the scenic walk around your neighbourhood a few posts back. Good luck at the Doctor's sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

FarmHouse Style said...

Oh, good for you!! I do wish you luck. I so need to go on a diet, but can't even muster up the will power to declare that I am trying. Pathetic, I know:(

Rhonda