Tuesday, October 9, 2007

More About My Walk






Trying so hard to get these pictures just right...The shot of a little white shed is of my Amish neighbor's 17 year old daughter on the telephone. The other is a list of prices of mums written on a piece of cardboard and a tiny little box to put the money in if by chance you would like to buy a mum. I think the clouds one is pretty clear, and the horses one are trotters who are trained by my neighbor around the corner--he's not Amish, English as the Amish call us. In the background of that shot is my house.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Hey, Ann -- OMG, not only is your house to die for, but the scenery all around is gorgeous! I can tell you, I would be outside walking all day if I had views like that!!!
xoxo,
Mary
PS -- Russell Crowe is OK, I guess, but I'm not drooling! :)

Anonymous said...

This really makes me wanna be in the Amish Country. How in the world did you end up with a home so close to them? When we went to Lancaster we were told it is passed on and never really for sale. When I come up I make hubby bring me out at dusk and sit in my car and just watch the lamps in the window.You see that everynight. My mind just can't take all this in lol.

Annie said...

Actually Brenda I'm in Chester County, very close to Lancaster County--about five miles away. The farm I live on was originally English, the Amish have owned it for about 10 years or so. They sold 2 acres and the house to us--they preferred to build their own house.
Ann

Auntie G-ma said...

Wow! Ann, your kitchen, your house, your neighborhood are LOVELY, but I have to say, your spring house is the coolest thing EVER! Wait, maybe having Amish neighbors who can remodel your kitchen and plain wide board flooring is cooler...wait, no, it IS your gorgeous brick house.
Oh! I can't decide, all I know is you are a fortunate lady... have a great weekend!
sandra