Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Low Key Day with my Boy


Another gorgeous day. I want to amend an earlier statement--I said the walk around my block is just under a mile...incorrect...it's actually 1.4 miles! Ha, look at me exercising like my life depends on it.


My 12 year-old son, Francis is home sick with a very sore throat today. I only hope that he feels well enough to go to school tomorrow. He is on the football team at his middle school and has been practicing since July. He broke his arm during an August practice--continued to run drills with the team, cast and all. He now finally has the cast been off --over three weeks--- and the coach FINALLY gave him his pads and helmet. Wednesday is the big game "under the lights" and if that coach doesn't let my kid on the field tomorrow night--there's gonna be trouble in Dodge City!


I cannot abide it when adults treat children as if their dreams and passions don't exist. I will always listen to my children and when they have a true passion for something--encourage it and allow them to explore it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry your son is feeling bad. You still need to come by my Blog and get your award from a few days back.

Mary said...

Hope your son is feeling better soon. My daughter was home sick today, too. Stomach thing, though. Hey, can we see a closeup of the plate rack in the background of that picture?
xoxo,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Just got to my page and right click and save to your pictures. Write your blog and upload that picture. Let me know if you need more help.