Monday, October 15, 2007

Nice Weather for a Walk

So what do I enjoy most about my home? Is it the $5.00 bouquet of flowers from the Amish roadside stands, or the green fields with majestic draft horses grazing after a long day's work? At harvest time especially, the wagons rumble past my front door, eight mules being driven by a fourteen year old boy. He's taking the corn to fill the silo. He waves and smiles always, and if it's a neighbor I know well--maybe Beniel or Daniel , they'll stop and ask how I am today and aren't I enjoying this fine weather too? That's always so sweet to have a team of eight mules hauling two wagons pulled to a dead stop to find out if you're having a nice day--isn't it? Actually it's rather ego lifting if I'm being completely honest with you! Don't forget the black and white Holsteins curled up in a cozy bunch on my side yard. I say Hi! to "the girls" when I step outside to throw the crusts from my daughter's peanut butter sandwich to my little hens...so many things to love and how lucky I was to find this home.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Ann,
You know how lucky you are, right? You live in a wonderful house, in a wonderful place!
xoxo,
Mary