Thursday, October 4, 2007

Kitchen Story

Oh boy, I've had two comments. Who'd a thunk I'd be such a smashing success in such a short amount of time? I really want to pretty-up this blog but can't figure out how to--I'm working on it. Meanwhile here are a few more pictures of my kitchen. The construction remodel was done by my Amish neighbor, Christian Fisher. He took down a wall between the kitchen and family room to make one big kitchen. I bought some old oak barn beams from The Barnyard Boys in Lancaster and those are what hold up the house since that wall that "had" to come down was actually quite important to the structure. I brought in a picture from my The English Home magazine of a Chalon kitchen island to another Amish guy (furniture maker) and he copied it exactly. Oh man, is it perfect, and the price was unbelievably inexpensive. I actually ordered it through an Amish middle-man at the farm market in town, but, get this, just three days ago I found the carpenter's actual workshop--and the prices were even more fantastic.

No comments: