Thursday, October 4, 2007

Day Two: The English Home

I've been telling anyone who will listen about the magazine called The English Home. It is my reason for getting out of bed. Google it and than order it. The inspiration it gives is remarkable. There are no ads for SUVs or bladder control medication or yeast infection cures. It is pure decorating. Gorgeous homes in England are featured, pages and pages of stunning photos. So as you see on my photo, I have an old georgian style brick farmhouse, it's 186 years old and looks every last day of it. It's a blessing and a curse. Some friends just shake their head and others are so in love with it and shower me with compliments. But the bottom line is its a lot of work and a lot of cashola keeping that baby heated and kept up. Which brings us back to The English Home, just when I'm about to stick a For Sale sign in the front yard, a new issue arrives and I fall back in love with my house.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hi, thanks for your comment on my blog! Yes, I've bought those Fairytale pumpkins before, they are so beautiful! I even painted one gold and kept it out throughout Christmas. I haven't seen them out in the stores yet her but once I find one, I'll be buying it!

Good luck with your blog. I hope you have as much fun blogging as I have!